okay okay okay
I should be better about this. It has been a crazy stressful period, but I am getting back into the stitch (or spin?) of things, so to speak, and I have a lot of new fiber stuff to show you.
This whole employment question? Makes me not want to write much. I hate being unsure about work, especially with Peace Corps looming on the horizon...it makes it all so much more difficult. In any case, it looks as though I'll be at the Center, where I've been working, until I'm ready to head back to Michigan to prepare personally for 27 months abroad.
In the meantime, I have been doing some knitting, but not as much as at some points in the past. Or at least, not as focused. Here is a list of my current projects:
- Blue Socks (finished...finally!)
- Entrelac Pillow (need to sew on backing, otherwise finished)
- a black hat for a friend (started, stalled)
- cotton/silk/wool worsted socks for my dad...sent for father's day
- anther pair of worsted socks. Lorna's laces yarn bought in Toronto
- MY SWEATER. Yes, I started it.
so as you can see, I'm not very focused right now. Also, I have been doing a LOT of spinning. In fact, I recently learned how to use a spinning wheel, which makes certain jobs much faster, although I still like my spindles. I will post pictures of the stuff I've been spinning/knitting soon.
I'm very happy with the spinning process. I feel that I have advanced significantly, and I am now producing significant quantities of usable spun yarn. Not that I have tried to use any of it yet, but there it is, on my shelf, waiting to be used. Some of it is going to become a hat for Chan, some of it is going to become socks for Page. Others of it, I don't know. IF you have ideas, please let me know!
In completing my blue socks this week, I noticed something kind of odd. I don't think I pick up stitches correctly. I mean, they turn out fine, but for some reason, they leave a much bigger gap then they're supposed to. Especially at the very top of the gusset, right where it meets the tube of the sock and the top of the heel flap. I actually had to go in and sew a few stiches to pull these holes together so the socks didn't look like crap. I didn't miss anything; they are definitely sturdy in design. Its all very odd.
Okay, a pic post soon: I promise.